Monthly Archives: September 2012
ISLAMABAD: The Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf left for China on Monday to attend the meeting of World Economic Forum (WEF) being held at Tiajin from September 10 to 13.
Finance Minister, Dr. Abdul Hafeez Sheikh and other officials are accompanying the Prime Minister during the visit.
Talking to media persons at Chaklala Air Base, the Prime Minister who is on his first ever visit to China said the WEF is important forum to interact with world leaders, economic experts and heads of international financial institutions.
Today, on the 12th anniversary of the start of the war in Afghanistan, TIME asks 40 renowned photographers to reflect on their harrowing experiences covering the conflict—and to describe which of their own photographs moved them most.
How many of you have used Skype for talking to your friends and family? I am sure most of you have either used Skype, or heard about it. It is the most popular online VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) service. Mark my words. Not ‘one of the most popular’, but ‘The most popular VoIP service’, with over 300 million users worldwide and counting. Did you know you could earn money through Skype?
Skype lets you talk to your loved ones, not only through voice chat, but also video chat. Skype to Skype calls are absolutely free. And you can also set up a conference call to include more of your friends and family into a call.
Features aside, have you ever wondered whether you can do something productive with your Skype? Maybe earn some money through it? Yep, you heard me (it’s a figure of speech okay? J). With Skype, you can earn real money via two main methods; via Skype Affiliate Program, and through Skype Prime.
Earn through Skype Prime!
Skype Prime is a great feature. It basically gives you the opportunity to start your own service where you can charge people around the world for your expertise. You can either start an online class teaching stuff like Maths, English Speaking skills, or help others in things like cooking, etc. In short, it enables paid Skype to Skype Calls. Anyone can join your call by paying for it. You would be called the ‘provider’ in that case. You can also join other providers’ calls and pay for them. For using Skype Prime, you need to have PayPal access available in your country.
How does it work?
For joining a provider’s call, one needs to have adequate Skype credit at hand. Calls can be started free of charge. The provider then has the option of initiating a payment request. The rest of the call will then be paid. The provider has the option of either charging per minute, or charging per call. Skype credit will be deducted from the caller’s account. The provider doesn’t get that Skype credit transferred to his account. Instead, the revenue goes to his PayPal account.
There’s one thing you should know though. You only get to keep 70% of all your earnings on Skype Premium. The remaining 30% goes to Skype. And you can NOT use Skype Prime if you don’t have a PayPal account
But on the bright side, once you get to know your customers, you can set up your own preferred payment methods, such as wire transfer, bank deposit etc. That way, you don’t need to ave a PayPal account, and you get to keep 100% of your earnings for yourself.
First of all, you need to download the latest version of Skype. Once again, you need to set up a PayPal before you can use Skype Prime. Next, go to Skype Prime help page, and choose between becoming a caller or provider at the bottom-right. Now, all you need to do is follow the simple steps and you’re good to go!
I have seen many people using their expertise to eke out a living from Skype. If somebody can, so can you! Go and get started now!